This NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting (BOPS) Blended Training course picks up where the NRA’s online training course leaves off. The course satisfies the training requirement for the Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL), and may satisfy the training required for other types of licenses (e.g., to apply for a Florida Concealed Weapon License).
What You’ll Learn
- Review the three essential gun safety rules
- State range safety rules and information
- Identify range commands
- Determine dominant eye
- Learn proper two-handed grip
- Review the five fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Loading, cocking, de-cocking, unloading and cleaning a pistol
- Bench rest and standing shooting positions
- Applicable MD and federal laws
- Shooting the course qualification
What You’ll Get
- All qualification range time and targets, and the first 100 rounds of ammunition
- Certificate of completion (if course is successfully completed)
What to Bring
- Pen or pencil
- Your firearm’s owner manual
- Firearm cleaning kit**
* You must shoot a firearm in order to pass this course and get your certificate; therefore, one is required. A .22 works great. If you do not own a firearm (yet), you may rent one at the range.
** If you do not own a cleaning kit (yet), a limited about of supplies will be available for instruction purposes. Please contact us before the class if you would like help purchasing a kit.
Duration: 4 hours (not including the online portion)
Prerequisites: NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Online Course
Cost: Starting at $50 (varies by location; online portion is an additional $25)